Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Fundamental Problems of Algorithmic Algebra
- Author(s) Chee-Keng Yap
- Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA; First Edition edition (December 30, 1999)
- Hardcover/Paperback 528 pages
- eBook PDF, 546 pages, 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0195125169
- ISBN-13: 978-0195125160
- Share This:
Popular computer algebra systems such as Maple, Macsyma, Mathematica, and REDUCE are now basic tools on most computers. Efficient algorithms for various algebraic operations underlie all these systems. Computer algebra, or algorithmic algebra, studies these algorithms and their properties and represents a rich intersection of theoretical computer science with classical mathematics.
Fundamental Problems of Algorithmic Algebra provides a systematic and focused treatment of a collection of core problemsthe computational equivalents of the classical Fundamental Problem of Algebra and its derivatives. Topics covered include the GCD, subresultants, modular techniques, the fundamental theorem of algebra, roots of polynomials, Sturm theory, Gaussian lattice reduction, lattices and polynomial factorization, linear systems, elimination theory, Grobner bases, and more.About the Authors
Chee Keng Yap is a professor of Computer Science at New York University. .
- Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Linear Algebra
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Mathematical and Computational Software
- Number Theory
- Fundamental Problems of Algorithmic Algebra (Chee-Keng Yap)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- Book Homepage (Errata, Reviews, etc.)