Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Hadoop Illuminated
- Author(s) Mark Kerzner, Sujee Maniyam
- Publisher: HadoopIlluminated.com/
- Hardcover/Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF (72 pages)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This book aims to make Hadoop knowledge accessible to a wider audience, not just to the highly technical.
This book is authors experiment in making Hadoop knowledge available to a wider audience. We want this book to serve as a gentle introduction to Big Data and Hadoop. No deep technical knowledge is needed to go through the book. It can even be a bedtime read :-)
With the almost unfathomable increase in web traffic over recent years, driven by millions of connected users, businesses are gaining access to massive amounts of complex, unstructured data from which to gain insight.
When Hadoop was introduced by Yahoo in 2007, it brought with it a paradigm shift in how this data was stored and analysed. Hadoop allowed small and medium sized companies to store huge amounts of data on cheap commodity servers in racks. The introduction of Big Data has allowed businesses to make decisions based on quantifiable analysis.
Hadoop is now implemented in major organizations such as Amazon, IBM, Cloudera, and Dell to name a few. This book introduces you to Hadoop and to concepts such as 'MapReduce', 'Rack Awareness', 'Yarn' and 'HDFS Federation', which will help you get acquainted with the technology.About the Authors
- Mark Kerzner is an experienced/hands-on BigData architect. He has been developing software for over 20 years in a variety of technologies (enterprise, web, HPC) and for a variety of verticals (healthcare, O&G, legal, financial).
- Sujee Maniyam has been developing software for 15 years. In the last few years he has been consulting and teaching Hadoop, NOSQL and Cloud technologies. Sujee stays active in Hadoop / Open Source community.
- Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Statistics, R Language and SAS Programming
- Probability, Stochastic Process, Queueing Theory, etc.
- Hadoop Illuminated (Mark Kerzner, et al)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (1) - Download Only