Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title How To Assemble A Desktop PC
- Author(s) Wikibooks contributors
- Publisher: Platypus Global Media (September 9, 2011); eBook (Wikibooks.org, 2011 - Date)
- Paperback: 90 pages
- eBook HTML and PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0615539602
- ISBN-13: 978-0615539607
- Share This:
Building and assembling a computer, for those who have a penchant to do so, may be a very rewarding experience.
If you are reading “How To Assemble A Desktop PC” (Personal Computer), you are probably contemplating building or assembling a computer instead of purchasing one pre-built or pre-assembled.
Building or assembling a desktop PC is a viable option for many people and may bring significant benefits, such as: • Learning about computer components and how they fit and work together; • Understanding the internal and hardware workings of a computer; • Learning computer hardware terminology and ’geek-speak’; • Ability to customise a computer according to specialised specifications; • Building and assembling something from components; • The satisfaction of a job well-done; • Engendering technical problem solving ability; • Saving money; and • Having fun!About the Authors
- Computer Hardware, Personal Computers, and the History of Computers
- Computer System, Organization, and Architecture
- Computer Science