Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Integrating Java with Existing Data and Applications on OS/390
- Author(s) Alex Louwe Kooijmans, Egide Van Aerschot, Mark Cathcart, Antonio Lopriore, Frederic Mora, Elba van Zyl
- Publisher: Ibm (July 1998)
- Paperback 308 pages
- eBook PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0738400297
- ISBN-13: 978-0738400297
- Share This:
This book gives you a comprehensive overview of how to get started with Java in an OS/390 Server environment.
We strongly believe that Java and the Web together give a tremendous variety in implementing new-style applications. This is also true for an OS/390 Server environment. IBM's policy regarding Java on OS/390 is to stay in step with Sun's releases of Java. This, along with the availability of Java connectors for all major OS/390 subsystems and the "Web-enablement Services" of OS/390, gives the OS/390 user all the possibilities of using Java and the Web, even re-using existing data and transactions.
In this book we give you a top-down view of the implications of incorporating Java and the Web into your OS/390 environment.About the Authors
Reviews and Rating:
Related Book Categories:
- Advanced Java
- Mainframe Computing
- Introduction to Java, Basic Java
- Enterprise Java and Java EE (J2EE)