Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Math in Society: A Survey of Mathematics for the Liberal Arts Major
- Author(s) David Lippman
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (September 7, 2012)
- Hardcover 432 pages
- eBook PDF and Other Formats
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 1479276537
- ISBN-13: 978-1479276530
- Share This:
This book is a survey of contemporary mathematical topics, most non-algebraic, appropriate for a college-level quantitative literacy topics course for liberal arts majors. The text is designed so that most chapters are independent, allowing the instructor to choose a selection of topics to be covered.
Emphasis is placed on the applicability of the mathematics. Core material for each topic is covered in the main text, with additional depth available through exploration exercises appropriate for in-class, group, or individual investigation.About the Authors
- David Lippman received his masterís degree in mathematics from Western Washington University and has been teaching at Pierce College in Lakewood, Washington since Fall 2000. David has been a long time advocate of open learning, open materials, and basically any idea that will reduce the cost of education for students. David is also the coauthor of Precalculus: An Investigation of Functions, an open and free precalculus (college algebra and trig) textbook.
- General and Miscellaneous Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Mathematical Logic - Set Theory, Model Theory, Computability, etc
- Math in Society: A Survey of Mathematics for the Liberal Arts Major (David Lippman)
- The Mirror Site (1) - Multiple Formats
- The Mirror Site (2) - 2011 Edtion