Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Porting to Python 3: An In-depth Guide
- Author(s) Lennart Regebro
- Publisher: CreateSpace (May 30, 2012);
- Hardcover 496 pages
- eBook: HTML and PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1475234031
- ISBN-13: 978-1475234039
- Share This:
Porting to Python 3 doesn't have to be daunting. This book guides you through the process of porting your Python 2 code to Python 3, from choosing a porting strategy to solving your distribution issues.
Using plenty of code examples is takes you cross the hurdles and shows you the new Python features. This book covers - Migration strategies - Preparing for Python 3 - Porting with 2to3 - Common migration problems - Improving your code with modern idioms - Supporting Python 2 and Python 3 without 2to3 conversion - Migrating C extensions - Extending 2to3 with your own fixers - Language differences and workarounds - Reorganizations and renamings.About the Authors
- Lennart Regebro, has been a full time Python developer since 2001 and has been porting to Python 3 since early 2008.
- Python Programming
- PERL Programming
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails Programming
- Computer and Programming Languages