Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Pro Java 6 3D Game Development: Java 3D, JOGL, JInput and JOAL APIs
- Author(s) Andrew Davison
- Publisher: Apress; 1 edition (April 30, 2007), eBook (new chapters, 2010)
- Paperback 528 pages
- eBook Online, PDF files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1590598172
- Share This:
This book shows you how to develop and program 3D games in Java technology on a PC, with an emphasis on the construction of 3D landscapes. It's assumed you have a reasonable knowledge of Java - the sort of thing picked up in a first Java course at school.
- Topics are split into three sections: Java 3D API, non-standard input devices for game playing, and JOGL. Java 3D is a high-level 3D graphics API, and JOGL is a lower-level Java wrapper around the popular OpenGL graphics API.
- Youll look at three non-standard input devices: the webcam, the game pad, and the P5 data glove.
- Along the way, youll utilize several other games-related libraries including: JInput, JOAL, JMF, and Odejava.
- Unique coverage of Java game development using both the Java 3D API and Java for OpenGL, as well as invaluable experience from a recognized Java gaming guru, will provide you with a distinct advantage after reading this book.
Andrew Davison received his Ph.D. from Imperial College in London in 1989. He was a lecturer at the University of Melbourne for six years before moving to Prince of Songkla University in Thailand in 1996. He has also taught in Bangkok, Khon Kaen, and Hanoi. His research interests include scripting languages, logic programming, visualization, and teaching methodologies. This latter topic led to an interest in teaching games programming in 1999.
- Computer and Video Game Development and Programming
- Java GUI Design and Programming
- Advanced Java Programming
- Human-Computer Interaction