Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Python for Informatics: Exploring Information
- Author(s) Charles Severance
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1 edition (September 2, 2013)
- Paperback 244 pages
- eBook HTML, PDF, ePub, etc.
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492339245
- ISBN-13: 978-1492339243
- Share This:
This book is designed to introduce students to programming and computational thinking through the lens of exploring data. You can think of Python as your tool to solve problems that are far beyond the capability of a spreadsheet. It is an easy-to-use and easy-to learn programming language that is freely available on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux computers.
This book provides an Informatics-oriented introduction to programming. The primary difference between a computer science approach and the Informatics approach taken in this book is a greater focus on using Python to solve data analysis problems common in the world of Informatics. The book is an open textbook and is based on the open book titled, Python for Software Design: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (Allen B. Downey).
There are free downloadable copies of this book in various electronic formats and a self-paced free online course where you can explore the course materials. All the supporting materials for the book are available under open and remixable licenses. This book is designed to teach people to program even if they have no prior experience.About the Authors
- Charles Severance is a Clinical Associate Professor in the School of Information at the University of Michigan where he teaches Informatics courses; he has also taught Computer Science at Michigan State University. Previously he was the Executive Director of the Sakai Foundation and the Chief Architect of the Sakai Project (www.sakaiproject.org).
- Python Programming
- Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computational Complexity
- Python for Informatics: Exploring Information (Charles Severance)
- The Mirror Site (1) - Formats: Daisy, ePub, Kindle, PDF, etc.
- Source Code of Examples