Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance
- Author(s) Pavel Cízek, Wolfgang Härdle, Rafal Weron
- Publisher: Springer; 1 edition (May 31, 2005)
- Paperback 517 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3540221891
- ISBN-13: 978-3540221890
- Share This:
Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance presents ready-to-use solutions, theoretical developments and method construction for many practical problems in quantitative finance and insurance. Written by practitioners and leading academics in the field of quantitative finance and insurance, this book offers a unique combination of topics from which every market analyst and risk manager will benefit.
Covering topics such as heavy tailed distributions, implied trinomial trees, pricing of CAT bonds, simulation of risk processes and ruin probability approximation, the book does not only offer practitioners insight into new methods for their applications, but it also gives theoreticians insight into the applicability of the stochastic technology. Additionally, the book provides the tools, instruments and (online) algorithms for recent techniques in quantitative finance and modern treatments in insurance calculations.
Written in an accessible and engaging style, this self-instructional book makes a good use of extensive examples and full explanations. The design of the text links theory and computational tools in an innovative way. All Quantlets for the calculation of examples given in the text are supported by the academic edition of XploRe and may be executed via XploRe Quantlet Server (XQS). The downloadable electronic edition of the book enables one to run, modify, and enhance all quantlets on the spot.About the Authors
- Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering, and Mathematical Economics
- Probability and Stochastic Process
- Operations Research and Optimization Books
- Data Analysis and Data Mining Books
- Applied Mathematics
- Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance (Pavel Cízek, Wolfgang Härdle, et al)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (2) - 2003 Edition
- Google's Preview, 2nd Edition