Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title The C Programming Language, 2nd Edition
- Author(s) Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie
- Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR; 2 edition (April 1, 1988)
- Paperback 274 pages
- eBook PDF, 270 pages, 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0131103628
- ISBN-13: 978-0131103627
- Share This:
Just about every C programmer I respect learned C from this book. Unlike many of the 1,000 page doorstops stuffed with CD-ROMs that have become popular, this volume is concise and powerful (if somewhat dangerous) - like C itself. And it was written by Kernighan himself. Need we say more?
This book presents a complete guide to ANSI standard C language programming. Written by the developers of C, this new version helps readers keep up with the finalized ANSI standard for C while showing how to take advantage of C's rich set of operators, economy of expression, improved control flow, and data structures.
This 2nd edition has been completely rewritten with additional examples and problem sets to clarify the implementation of difficult language constructs.About the Authors
Brian W. Kernighan works in the Computing Science Research Center at Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies. He is Consulting Editor for Addison-Wesley's Professional Computing Series and the author, with Dennis Ritchie, of The C Programming Language.
Dennis M. Ritchie was best known as the creator of the C programming language, a key developer of the Unix operating system. He was also notable for his influence on ALTRAN, B, BCPL, Multics, etc.
- The C and Objective C Programming
- The C++ Programming Language
- Unix/Linux Programming
- Computer Programming
- Computer and Programming Languages
- The C Programming Language, 2nd Edition ©1988 (Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie)
- The Mirror Site (1)
- The Mirror Site (2)
- The Mirror Site (3)
- The Mirror Site (4)
- The Mirror Site (5)
- The Mirror Site (6)
- The Mirror Site (7)
- The Mirror Site (8)
- The Mirror Site (9)
- C Programming Tutorial, 4th Edition (K&R Version) by Mark Burgess, (PDF, 410 Pages, 2.1 MB)