Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Theory and Novel Applications of Machine Learning
- Author(s) Meng Joo Er and Yi Zhou
- Publisher: InTech (January 01, 2009)
- Hardcover/Paperback 376 pages
- eBook PDF Files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: 978-953-7619-55-4
- Share This:
Even since computers were invented, many researchers have been trying to understand how human beings learn and many interesting paradigms and approaches towards emulating human learning abilities have been proposed. The ability of learning is one of the central features of human intelligence, which makes it an important ingredient in both traditional Artificial Intelligence (AI) and emerging Cognitive Science.
Machine Learning (ML) draws upon ideas from a diverse set of disciplines, including AI, Probability and Statistics, Computational Complexity, Information Theory, Psychology and Neurobiology, Control Theory and Philosophy.
ML involves broad topics including Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks (NNs), Evolutionary Algorithms (EAs), Probability and Statistics, Decision Trees, etc. Real-world applications of ML are widespread such as Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Gaming, Bio-science, Telecommunications, Control and Robotics applications. This books reports the latest developments and futuristic trends in ML.About the Authors
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Neural Networks
- Statistics, R Language and SAS Programming
- Operations Research (OR), Linear Programming, Optimization, and Approximation