Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Think Bayes: Bayesian Statistics Made Simple
- Author(s) Allen B. Downey
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media (October 1, 2013); Green tea Press, 2012 (Version 1.01)
- Paperback 210 pages
- eBook HTML and PDF (213 pages, 2.3 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449370780
- ISBN-13: 978-1449370787
- Share This:
If you know how to program with Python and also know a little about probability, youíre ready to tackle Bayesian statistics. With this book, you'll learn how to solve statistical problems with Python code instead of mathematical notation, and use discrete probability distributions instead of continuous mathematics. Once you get the math out of the way, the Bayesian fundamentals will become clearer, and youíll begin to apply these techniques to real-world problems.
Bayesian statistical methods are becoming more common and more important, but not many resources are available to help beginners. Based on undergraduate classes taught by author Allen Downey, this bookís computational approach helps you get a solid start.About the Authors
- Allen Downey is a Professor of Computer Science at the Olin College of Engineering. He has taught computer science at Wellesley College, Colby College and U.C. Berkeley. He has a Ph.D. in Computer Science from U.C. Berkeley and Masterís and Bachelorís degrees from MIT.
- Statistics and SAS Programming
- Python Programming
- Probability and Stochastic
- Books by O'Reilly®
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- O'Reilly® Think Bayes: Bayesian Statistics Made Simple (Allen B. Downey)
- Think about learning Bayes using Python: An Interview with Allen B. Downey