Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title UWB Communication Systems: A Comprehensive Overview
- Author(s) Maria-Gabriella Di Benedetto, Thomas Kaiser, Andreas F. Molish, Ian Oppermann, Christian Politano, Domenico Porcino
- Publisher: Hindawi Publishing Corporation (May 31, 2006)
- Hardcover/Paperback: 497 pages
- eBook Online, PDF, 34.6 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9775945100
- ISBN-13: 978-9775945105
- Share This:
Ultrawideband (UWB) communication systems offer an unprecedented opportunity to impact the future communication world. The enormous available bandwidth, the wide scope of the data rate / range trade-off, as well as the potential for very low-cost operation leading to pervasive usage, all present a unique opportunity for UWB systems to impact the way people and intelligent machines communicate and interact with their environment.
The aim of this book is to provide an overview of the state of the art of UWB systems from theory to applications. Due to the rapid progress of multidisciplinary UWB research, such an overview can only be achieved by combining the areas of expertise of several scientists in the field. More than 30 leading UWB researchers and practitioners have contributed to this book covering the major topics relevant to UWB. These topics include UWB signal processing, UWB channel measurement and modeling, higher-layer protocol issues, spatial aspects of UWB signaling, UWB regulation and standardization, implementation issues, and UWB applications as well as positioning. The book is targeted at advanced academic researchers, wireless designers, and graduate students wishing to greatly enhance their knowledge of all aspects of UWB systems.About the Authors
- Maria-Gabriella Di Benedetto obtained her Ph.D. in Telecommunications in 1987 from the University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy. In 1991, she joined the Faculty of Engineering of University of Rome La Sapienza, where currently she is a Full Professor of Telecommunications at the Infocom Department. Christian Politano, ST Microelectronics, F-01630 St Genis, France.