Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title iPad iOS 6 Development Essentials
- Author(s) Neil Smyth
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 4, 2012)
- Paperback 658 pages
- ebook HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 1480191299
- ISBN-13: 978-1480191297
- Share This:
Adapted specifically for iPad development from the iPhone iOS 6 Development Essentials book, the aim of iPad iOS 6 Development Essentials is to teach you the skills necessary to build your own applications for the iPad. Beginning with the basics, this book provides an overview of the architecture of iOS 6. Introductions to Xcode and programming in Objective-C are provided followed by an in-depth look at the design of iPad applications and user interfaces.
More advanced topics such as user interface layout, file handling, database management, graphics drawing and animation are also covered, as are touch screen handling, multitasking, in-app purchasing, iCloud storage, camera access and video playback. New iOS 6 specific features are also covered in detail including Facebook integration, Auto Layout, Apple Maps, Collections, Reminders and user interface state preservation. iPad iOS 6 Development Essentials takes a modular approach to the subject of iOS 6 application development with each chapter covering a self contained topic area with detailed explanations, examples and tutorials. This makes the book both an easy to follow learning aid and an excellent reference resource.About the Authors
- Neil Smyth is co-founder and CEO Payload Media, an internet and eBook publishing company based in the U.S. Prior to launching Payload Media, Neil held a number of positions in the IT industry including programming, web development, systems administration and sales and marketing and is the author of a number of technology related books. Click here to see all his "Essentials" technical books.
- iPhone/iPad Development and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging
- The C and Objective C Programming Books
- Mac OS and Programming
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Books by Neil Smyth