Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title An Operating Systems Vade Mecum, Second Edition
- Author(s) Raphael A. Finkel
- Publisher: Prentice Hall 1988
- Hardcover/Paperback: ?
- eBook: PDF (362 pages, 1.3 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0136374557
- ISBN-13: 978-0136374558
- Share This:
Traditionally, a vade mecum (pronounced "VAHdee MAYkem") is a laboratory manual that guides the student step by step through complex procedures. Operating systems are complex mixtures of policy and mechanism, of algorithm and heuristic, and of theoretical goals and practical experience. This vade mecum tries to unify these diverse points of view and guide the novice step by step through the complexities of the subject.
As a text, this book is intended for a first course in operating systems at the undergraduate level. The subject has so many individual parts that its practitioners and teachers often concentrate on subareas and ignore the larger concepts that govern the entire subject.
This book has tried to rectify that situation by structuring the presentation about the dual ideas of resource management and beautification.About the Authors
- Operating Systems Design and Construction
- Unix/Linux Programming - System and Applications
- Parallel Computing and Programming