Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Baking Pi - Operating Systems Development
- Author(s) Alex Chadwick
- Publisher: Course Technology, Revised Edition (July 2013), Update Continuously
- Hardcover/Paperback N/A
- eBook HTML Files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This online book is to guide you through the process of developing very basic operating systems on the Raspberry Pi!
This course takes you through the basics of operating systems development in assembly code. I have tried not to assume any prior knowledge of operating systems development or assembly code. It may be helpful to have some programming experience, but the course should be accessible without. This course is divided into a series of 'lessons' designed to be taken in order as below. Each 'lesson' includes some theory, and also a practical exercise, complete with a full answer.
Rather than leading the reader through the full details of creating an Operating System, these tutorials focus on achieving a few common tasks separately. Hopefully, by the end, the reader should know enough about Operating Systems that they could try to put together everything they've learned and make one.About the Authors
- Operating Systems Design and Construction
- Computer System, Organization, and Architecture
- Unix/Linux Programming - System and Applications
- Parallel Computing and Programming