Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Android 4.4 App Development Essentials
- Author(s) Neil Smyth
- Publisher: eBookFrenzy; 1 edition (January 28, 2014)
- Paperback N/A
- ebook HTML, Kindle (740 pages, 4.1 MB), etc.
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: B00I49TPLY
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
The goal of this book is to teach the skills necessary to develop Android based applications using the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and the Android 4.4 Software Development Kit (SDK).
Beginning with the basics, this book provides an outline of the steps necessary to set up an Android development and testing environment. An introduction to the architecture of Android is followed by an in-depth look at the design of Android applications and user interfaces. More advanced topics such as database management, content providers, services and intents are also covered, as are touch screen handling, gesture recognition, camera access and the playback and recording of both video and audio.
In addition to covering general Android development techniques, the book also includes Google Play specific topics such as using the Google Play In-App Billing API, implementing maps using the Google Maps Android API and submitting apps to the Google Play Developer Console.
Assuming you already have some Java programming experience, are ready to download Eclipse and the Android SDK, have access to a Windows, Mac or Linux system and ideas for some apps to develop, you are ready to get started.About the Authors
- Neil Smyth is co-founder and CEO Payload Media, an internet and eBook publishing company based in the U.S. Prior to launching Payload Media, Neil held a number of positions in the IT industry including programming, web development, systems administration and sales and marketing and is the author of a number of technology related books. Click here to see all his "Essentials" technical books.
- Android Development and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Advanced Java
- Core Lunx
- Mac OS and Related
- Embedded Systems Programming