Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Android Studio Development Essentials - Android 6 Edition
- Author(s) Neil Smyth
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 9, 2015)
- Paperback 710 pages
- ebook HTML, ePub, PDF, Kindle
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 1519722087
- ISBN-13: 978-1519722089
- Share This:
Fully updated for Android 6, the goal of this book is to teach the skills necessary to develop Android based applications using the Android Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and the Android 6 Software Development Kit (SDK).
Beginning with the basics, this book provides an outline of the steps necessary to set up an Android development and testing environment. An overview of Android Studio is included covering areas such as tool windows, the code editor and the Designer tool. An introduction to the architecture of Android is followed by an in-depth look at the design of Android applications and user interfaces using the Android Studio environment. More advanced topics such as database management, content providers and intents are also covered, as are touch screen handling, gesture recognition, camera access and the playback and recording of both video and audio. This edition of the book also covers printing, transitions and cloud-based file storage.
The concepts of material design are also covered in detail, including the use of floating action buttons, Snackbars, tabbed interfaces, card views, navigation drawers and collapsing toolbars.
In addition to covering general Android development techniques, the book also includes Google Play specific topics such as implementing maps using the Google Maps Android API, in-app billing and submitting apps to the Google Play Developer Console.
Chapters also cover advanced features of Android Studio such as Gradle build configuration and the implementation of build variants to target multiple Android device types from a single project code base.
Assuming you already have some Java programming experience, are ready to download Android Studio and the Android SDK, have access to a Windows, Mac or Linux system and ideas for some apps to develop, you are ready to get started.About the Authors
- Neil Smyth is co-founder and CEO Payload Media, an internet and eBook publishing company based in the U.S. Prior to launching Payload Media, Neil held a number of positions in the IT industry including programming, web development, systems administration and sales and marketing and is the author of a number of technology related books. Click here to see all his "Essentials" technical books.
- Android Development and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Advanced Java
- Core Lunx
- Books by Neil Smyth
- Embedded Systems Programming