Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Android Cookbook: Problems and Solutions for Android Developers
- Author(s) Ian F. Darwin
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (December 31, 2011), eBook (Update Continuously, Last Updated on 2014-01-29)
- Paperback: 650 pages
- eBook HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449388418
- ISBN-13: 978-1449388416
- Share This:
If you're ready to jump in and build a working Android app, this book has all of the practical recipes you need to get the job done. You'll work with the user interface, multitouch, location-aware apps, web services, device features—such as the camera, accelerometer, and GPS—and a lot more, including steps to package your app for sale in the Android Market.
Packed with solutions contributed by the Android community, Android Cookbook is ideal for developers experienced with Android and other mobile platforms, as well Java programmers ready to use their skills in mobile app development. You'll find hundreds of tested recipes that you can put to use immediately. Simply put, if this book doesn’t show you how to do it, then you probably don't need it.
- Get guidelines and recipes for designing a successful Android app
- Work with UI controls, effective layouts, and graphical elements
- Create pinch screen gestures and views for horizontal and vertical orientation
- Build multimedia apps with audio, video, and more
- Focus on networked applications, as well as SMS- and cloud-based apps
- Build web services, such as selling books via Amazon, or buying and selling on eBay
- Create location-aware apps to find landmarks and resident services
- Ian F. Darwin has worked in the computer industry for three decades. He wrote the freeware file(1) command used on Linux and BSD and is the author of Checking C Programs with Lint, Java Cookbook, and over seventy articles and courses on C and Unix. In addition to programming and consulting, Ian teaches Unix, C, and Java for Learning Tree International, one of the world's largest technical training companies.
- Android Development and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Books by O'Reilly®
- Advanced Java
- Core Lunx
- Mac OS and Related
- Embedded Systems Programming