Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Getting Started with MakerBot
- Author(s) Bre Pettis, Jay Shergill
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (September 22, 2011); eBook(Draft updated on June 8, 2011)
- Paperback 128 pages
- ebook Online, HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 1449399061
- ISBN-13: 978-1449399061
- Share This:
Get a hands-on introduction to the world of personal fabrication with the MakerBot, the easiest and most affordable rapid prototyper available. This book shows you how the MakerBot open source 3D printer democratizes manufacturing and brings the power of large factories right to your desktop. Not only will you learn how to operate MakerBot, you'll also get guidelines on how to design and print almost anything you can imagine -- including models, mechanical parts, puzzles, and toys.
3D printing is a key part of the prototyping process, yet desktop models to date have cost upwards of $10,000. But not any longer. A variant on the open source RepRap 3D printer, MakerBot is designed to be assembled quickly and cheaply. Even the deluxe MakerBot kit costs under $1,000. This fun and informative guide -- written by MakerBot's creators -- opens up a new realm of discovery and creativity for makers, hobbyists, students, artists, designers, and tinkerers.
- Understand exactly what's possible in the world of personal fabrication
- Learn how to assemble, upgrade, and tune the MakerBot 3D printer
- Familiarize yourself with the open source design tools you need to design 3D objects
- Get a guide to 10 interesting and useful object prototypes you can print right away
- Bre Pettis is a founder of Makerbot, a company that produces robots that make things. Bre is also a founder of NYCResistor, a hacker collective in Brooklyn. Besides being a TV host and Video Podcast producer, he's created new media for Etsy.com, hosted Make: Magazine's Weekend Projects podcast, and has been a schoolteacher, artist, and puppeteer. Bre is passionate about invention, innovation, and all things DIY.
- Miscellaneous and Uncategorized Books
- Robust/Robotics, and Automation
- Books by O'Reilly®
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging