Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Introductory Statistics
- Contributor(s) Barbara Illowsky, Susan Dean
- Publisher: OpenStax College; 1st edition (January 7, 2014)
- Hardcover/Paperback 850 pages
- eBook PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1938168208
- ISBN-13: 978-1938168208
- Share This:
This book follows the scope and sequence of a one-semester, introduction to statistics course and is geared toward students majoring in fields other than math or engineering. This text assumes students have been exposed to intermediate algebra, and it focuses on the applications of statistical knowledge rather than the theory behind it.
The foundation of this textbook is Collaborative Statistics, by Barbara Illowsky and Susan Dean, which has been widely adopted. Introductory Statistics includes innovations in art, terminology, and practical applications, all with a goal of increasing relevance and accessibility for students.
We strove to make the discipline meaningful and memorable, so that students can draw a working knowledge from it that will enrich their future studies and help them make sense of the world around them. The text also includes Collaborative Exercises, integration with TI-83,83+,84+ Calculators, technology integration problems, and statistics labs.About the Authors
- Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, and SAS Programming
- Probability and Stochastic Process
- Data Analysis and Data Mining Books
- Applied Mathematics