Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Lists, Decisions and Graphs - With an Introduction to Probability
- Author(s) Edward A. Bender, S. Gill Williamson
- Publisher: University of California at San Diego
- Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
In this book, four basic areas of discrete mathematics are presented: Counting and Listing (Unit CL), Functions (Unit Fn), Decision Trees and Recursion (Unit DT), and Basic Concepts in Graph Theory (Unit GT). At the end of each unit is a list of Multiple Choice Questions for Review. These questions (answers provided) represent key ideas and should be returned to frequently as your study progresses. At the end of each section within a unit you will find a set of exercises. Try to solve them and check your answers against those provided at the end of the book.
Concepts from discrete mathematics are used in many different fields (e.g., computer programming, engineering, biology, economics, operations research, sociology). Each field has its own special terminology. In this book, we use the powerful and universal language of mathematics to unify these concepts and thus make available a much larger knowledge base to specialists.About the Authors
- Edward A. Bender is a Professor Emeritus of Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics at the UC San Diego. He received his Ph.D. in Mathematics at California Institute of Technology in 1966.
- Discrete and Finite Mathematics
- Graph Theory
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Data Structures and Algorithms