Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Manning® Java Swing, Second Edition
- Author(s) Matthew Robinson
- Publisher: Manning Publications; 2nd edition (February 2003)
- Paperback 912 pages
- eBook HTML, Microsoft Word®, and PDF files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 193011088X
- ISBN-13: 978-1930110885
- Share This:
This book builds on the successful approach of the first edition of Swing, once again taking the power and flexibility of Java's Swing library to its limits. Using a fast-paced style, it starts by introducing each of the Swing components and continues with production-quality code examples in which Swing features are customized, combined, and vigorously exercised to demonstrate real-world usage.
With over 400 pages of revised text, additional examples, and new material to bring the book up to date with J2SE 1.4, Swing 2nd edition includes complete coverage of the new JSpinner and JFormattedTextField components, the new Focus and Keyboard architectures, and many other new and enhanced Swing features. Three new chapters have also been added to cover the construction of HTML and XML editor applications, and how to work with the new Drag & Drop architecture.About the Authors
- Matthew Robinson has worked with Swing since its inception and has spent several years in various software engineering roles for companies such as Netfish Technologies. He has designed and developed numerous Swing-based applications ranging from an interactive workflow monitoring application to a collaborative 3D CAD review system. He was the 1999 first prize recipient of the ACM/IBM Quest for Java. He lives in Saratoga, California.
- Java GUI Design and Programming
- Advanced Java
- Introduction to Java, Basic Java
- Java Enterprise Applications
- Manning® Java Swing, Second Edition (Matthew Robinson)
- The Mirror Site (1)
- The Mirror Site (2) - PDF (908 pages, 10.7 MB)
- The Mirror Site (3) - PDF (908 pages, 10.7 MB)