Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Modern Multithreading : Implementing, Testing, and Debugging Multithreaded Java and C++/Pthreads/Win32 Programs
- Author(s) Richard H. Carver and Kuo-Chung Tai
- Publisher: Wiley-Interscience (October 5, 2005)
- Paperback 480 pages
- eBook PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471725048
- ISBN-13: 978-0471725046
- Share This:
This textbook examines languages and libraries for multithreaded programming. Readers learn how to create threads in Java and C++, and develop essential concurrent programming and problem-solving skills. Moreover, the textbook sets itself apart from other comparable works by helping readers to become proficient in key testing and debugging techniques. Among the topics covered, readers are introduced to the relevant aspects of Java, the POSIX Pthreads library, and the Windows Win32 Applications Programming Interface.
The authors have developed and fine-tuned this book through the concurrent programming courses they have taught for the past twenty years. The material, which emphasizes practical tools and techniques to solve concurrent programming problems, includes original results from the authors' research. Chapters include:
- Introduction to concurrent programming
- The critical section problem
- Semaphores and locks
- Message-passing in distributed programs
- Testing and debugging concurrent programs
This textbook is designed for upper-level undergraduates and graduate students in computer science. With its abundance of practical material and inclusion of working code, coupled with an emphasis on testing and debugging, it is also a highly useful reference for practicing programmers.About the Authors
- RICHARD H. CARVER, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science, George Mason University.
- KUO-CHUNG TAI, PhD, was a Professor in the Department of Computer Science, North Carolina State University as well as the Co-Director of the university's Software Engineering Laboratory.
- Parallel Computing and Programming
- Advanced Java
- The C++ Programming Language
- Microsoft Windows Programming
- Modern Multithreading: Implementing, Testing, and Debugging Multithreaded Java and C++/Pthreads/Win32 Programs
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF (481 pages, 4.6 MB)
- Scribd's Preview
- Google's Preview