Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Numerical Methods for Large Eigenvalue Problems, Revised Edition
- Author(s) Yousef Saad
- Publisher: SIAM - Society for Industrial & Applied Mathematics; Revised edition edition (May 17, 2011)
- Hardcover/Paperback 292 pages
- eBook Online, PDF files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1611970725
- ISBN-13: 978-1611970722
- Share This:
This book is intended for researchers in applied mathematics and scientific computing as well as for practitioners interested in understanding the theory of numerical methods used for eigenvalue problems. It also can be used as a supplemental text for an advanced graduate-level course on these methods.
This revised edition discusses numerical methods for computing eigenvalues and eigenvectors of large sparse matrices. It provides an in-depth view of the numerical methods that are applicable for solving matrix eigenvalue problems that arise in various engineering and scientific applications. Each chapter was updated by shortening or deleting outdated topics, adding topics of more recent interest, and adapting the Notes and References section.
Significant changes have been made to Chapters 6 through 8, which describe algorithms and their implementations and now include topics such as the implicit restart techniques, the Jacobi-Davidson method, and automatic multilevel substructuring.About the Authors
- Yousef Saad is a College of Science and Engineering distinguished professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Minnesota. His current research interests include numerical linear algebra, sparse matrix computations, iterative methods, parallel computing, numerical methods for electronic structure, and data analysis. He is a Fellow of SIAM and the AAAS.
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Linear Algebra, etc.
- Fortran Programming Language
- Parallel Computing and Programming
- Computational Complexity
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Numerical Methods for Large Eigenvalue Problems, Revised Edition (Yousef Saad)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (2)
- A Overview - PDF (145 pages)
- Google's Preview
- Book Homepage (Other Formats, Other Books, etc.)