Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title PC Assembly Language
- Author(s) Paul A. Carter
- Publisher: No Starch Press; 1 edition (September 2003); 2 edition (March 22, 2010)
- Hardcover/Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF (Zipped, 709 KB), Postscript (Gzipped 436K)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: B009M63B0Y
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
The purpose of this book is to give the reader a better understanding of how computers really work at a lower level than in programming languages like Pascal. The tutorial has extensive coverage of interfacing assembly and C code and so might be of interest to C programmers who want to learn about how C works under the hood. All the examples use the free NASM (Netwide) assembler. The tutorial only covers programming under 32-bit protected mode and requires a 32-bit protected mode compiler..About the Authors
- Randall Hyde is the author of Write Great Code Volumes 1 and 2 (No Starch Press) and the co-author of MASM 6.0 Bible (The Waite Group). He has written for Dr. Dobb ôs Journal, Byte, and various professional journals. Hyde taught assembly language at the University of California, Riverside for over a decade.
- Assembly and Machine Languages
- The C Programming
- Computer Hardware, and Personal Computers (PC)
- Computer Programming