Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Pangea Software's Ultimate Game Programming Guide for Mac OS X
- Author(s) Brian Greenstone
- Publisher: Pangea Software, Inc. (October 2004)
- Paperback 288 pages
- eBook Zipped PDF, 41.0 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0976150506
Brian Greenstone, the developer who programmed Nanosaur, Bugdom, Cro-Mag Rally, Enigmo, Otto Matic, etc. reveals his Mac programming secrets in this indispensable book. The book covers all of the nuances dealing with various Mac OS technologies such as the HID Manager, OpenGL, OpenAL, Core Graphics, Rendezvous, Quicktime, and more. Readers will also learn how to write a plug-in for Maya, do stereo 3D rendering, networking, AltiVec optimizations, and even how to copy-protect their games. For developers interested in self-publishing their games, there is an entire chapter dedicated to marketing and sales strategies. Never before has so much critical Mac game programming information been available in a single book.About the Authors
Brian Greenstone has been programming games for Apple platforms since 1982, and has been responsible for such popular Mac hits as Bugdom, Nanosaur, Otto Matic, Enigmo, Cro-Mag Rally, and more!
- Computer and Video Game Development and Programming
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Digital and Information Age