Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell: Techniques for Multicore and Multithreaded Programming
- Author(s) Simon Marlow
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media (July 22, 2013); Haskell.org (2012)
- Paperback 320 pages
- eBook HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449335942
- ISBN-13: 978-1449335946
- Share This:
This book covers the breadth of Haskell's diverse selection of programming APIs for concurrent and parallel programming.
It is split into two parts. The first part, on parallel programming, covers the techniques for using multiple processors to speed up CPU-intensive computations, including methods for using parallelism in both idiomatic Haskell and numerical array-based algorithms, and for running computations on a GPU. The second part, on concurrent programming, covers techniques for using multiple threads, including overlapping multiple I/O operations, building concurrent network servers, and distributed programming across multiple machines.About the Authors
- Simon Marlow is a lead figure in the Haskell community. He chaired the Haskell 2010 committee, and is the editor of the Haskell 2010 report, the latest revision of the language.
- Parallel and Distributed Computing and Programming
- Haskell Programming
- Functional Programming
- Computer and Programming Languages
- Computer Science
- Books by O'Reilly®