Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Patterns for Time-Triggered Embedded Systems: Building Reliable Applications with the 8051 Family of Microcontrollers
- Author(s) Michael J. Pont
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional; 1st edition (July 12, 2001), ebook (2014)
- Paperback 1006 pages
- eBook 1027 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0201331381
- ISBN-13: 978-0201331387
- Share This:
In this book, Michael J Pont introduces 70 powerful, proven design techniques ("patterns") for enhancing rapid development and reliability in embedded systems based on the popular 8051 microcontroller family.
With a focus on reliability, it discusses techniques for the design and implementation of software for embedded applications based on the popular 8051 microcontroller family. You will find more than seventy software patterns, complete with guidelines to help you apply these techniques in your own projects. The author offers practical materials and advice advice for rapidly creating a wide range of different embedded applications. Using a substantial number of detailed examples, ranging from simple to complex systems, this book covers:
- the design & implementation of complete scheduler operating systems for embedded applications involving one or more microcontrollers
- creation of user interfaces with components including switches, keypads, LED displays and LCDs
- effective use of networking and communication protocols
- design of monitoring and control systems using, for example, PID algorithms and PWM
Michael J. Pont is a Senior Lecturer in Electronic & Software Engineering at the University of Leicester. Over the last ten years he has carried out research in various aspects of software design and programming, and has provided consultancy and training services to a range of international companies. Michael is the author or co-author of more than seventy technical publications, including the book 'Software Engineering with C++ and CASE tools'.
- Embedded Systems and Its Programming
- Microcontrollers Programming
- Software Design Patterns
- Electronic and Computer Engineering