Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Programming Android: Java Programming for the New Generation of Mobile Devices
- Author(s) Zigurd Mednieks, Laird Dornin, G. Blake Meike
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (April 15, 2011), eBook Draft (2010)
- Paperback: 450 pages
- eBook HTML and PDF Files
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449389694
- ISBN-13: 978-1449389697
- Share This:
Android has not only created a vibrant new market for mobile apps, it's also generating a new culture of interactive Java programming. This authoritative guide shows experienced application developers what they need to program for the Android operating system - the core building blocks, how to put those blocks together, and how to build compelling apps that work on a full range of Android devices.
With Programming Android, you'll learn advanced Java concepts in a way that any programmer can understand, even if you have no previous experience with the language. You'll delve into topics such as sensors, native development, and 3D graphics, and learn how to build Android apps on the platform of your choice, including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Learn the key components of an Android application
- Explore the Android Framework and the Eclipse IDE
- Understand Androidís unique database design issues and examine the role of SQLite
- Create an Android user interface thatís captivating and easy to navigate
- Make your app location-aware, and take advantage of multimedia
- Use sensors and gestures to expand your appís input beyond the defaults
- Zigurd Mednieks, Chief User Interface Architect at D2 Technologies is a consultant and advisor to companies in the field of embedded user interfaces. He has held senior management positions at companies making mobile games, communications equipment, and computer telephony applications, and has written and contributed to books on programming and communications technology.
- Laird Dornin is a mobile applications architect with extensive experience in Java, Android, J2ME, and the webkit browser library. He was a significant contributor at Sun Microsystems, specializing in Java and Jini technologies. Laird is currently a Senior Engineer at a major wireless carrier, where he provides Android architectural guidance and Network API support to members of the carrier's developer community.
- Blake Meike, Senior Software Development Engineer at Amazon, has more than 10 years of experience with Java. Heís developed applications using most of the GUI toolkits and several of the Java mobile device platforms.
- Android Development and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Advanced Java
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Books by O'Reilly®
- O'Reilly® Programming Android (Zigurd Mednieks, et al)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (2) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (3) - PDF
- Google's Preview