Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Spatial Augmented Reality: Merging Real and Virtual Worlds
- Author(s) Oliver Bimber, Ramesh Raskar
- Publisher: A K Peters/CRC Press (July 31, 2005); eBook (3rd Edtion, 2007)
- Hardcover 392 pages
- eBook PDF (300 pages, 13.6 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1568812302
- ISBN-13: 978-1568812304
- Share This:
Like virtual reality, augmented reality is becoming an emerging platform in new application areas for museums, edutainment, home entertainment, research, industry, and the art communities using novel approaches which have taken augmented reality beyond traditional eye-worn or hand-held displays.
In this book, the authors discuss spatial augmented reality approaches that exploit optical elements, video projectors, holograms, radio frequency tags, and tracking technology, as well as interactive rendering algorithms and calibration techniques in order to embed synthetic supplements into the real environment or into a live video of the real environment.
Special Features: - Comprehensive overview - Detailed mathematical equations - Code fragments - Implementation instructions - Examples of Spatial AR displays The authors have put together a preliminary collection of Errata. Updates will be posted to this site as necessary.About the Authors
- Computer and Machine Vision
- Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging
- Steganography and Computer Forensics
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP), Sound and Imaging Processing