Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Start Your Own Computer Business: Building a Successful PC Repair and Service Business by Supporting Customers and Managing Money
- Author(s) Morris Rosenthal
- Publisher: Foner Books (February 14, 2013)
- Paperback: 161 pages
- eBook HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 0972380108
- ISBN-13: 978-0972380102
- Share This:
From buying and selling PC hardware to product development and selling services, "Start Your Own Computer Business: The Unembellished Guide" offers a realistic picture of making it on your own. Bestselling author, Morris Rosenthal, has 15 years of experience in the computer business, building and repairing thousands of PCs and helping hundreds of customers.
The book mixes practical advice and cautions with real-world anecdotes of successes and failures. Dollars and cents play a prominent role in the book, as Rosenthal stresses that the real challenge of succeeding in the computer business is the business part of the equation. Managing employees, inventory and scarce financial resources are covered, along with how to remain sane and when to quit.
The book is illustrated with a series of original cartoons on the computer business subject.About the Authors
- Morris Rosenthal is the founder and moderator of the Yahoo! Computer Business group for independent computer business owners with over 4,500 members. He is the author of McGraw-Hill's bestselling "Build Your Own PC" series, "The Laptop Repair Workbook" and the cautionary "Start Your Own Computer Business." Morris holds a B.S. degree in Computer Engineering and an M.S. degree in electrical engineering.
- Computer Hardware, Personal Computers, and the History of Computers
- Computer System, Organization, and Architecture
- Operating Systems Design and Construction
- Microsoft Windows Programming
- Professional Careers and Job Interviews