Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Theory of Statistics
- Author(s) James E. Gentle
- Publisher: George Mason University (2013)
- Hardcover/Paperback N/A
- eBook PDF (917 pages, 6.1 MB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This book is directed toward students for whom mathematical statistics is or will become an important part of their lives. Obviously, such students should be able to work through the details of 'hard' proofs and derivations. In addition, students at this level should acquire, or begin acquiring, a deep appreciation for the field, including its historical development and its relation to other areas of mathematics and science generally.
It covers classical likelihood, Bayesian, and permutation inference; an introduction to basic asymptotic distribution theory; and modern topics like M-estimation, the jackknife, and the bootstrap.About the Authors
- Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, and SAS Programming
- Probability and Stochastic Process
- Data Analysis and Data Mining Books
- Applied Mathematics