Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title WatchKit App Development Essentials: Learn to Develop Apps for the Apple Watch
- Author(s) Neil Smyth
- Publisher: eBookFrenzy (May 19, 2015)
- Paperback N/A
- ebook HTML, Kindle (362 pages, 4634 KB)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: B00XYJX6LY
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
This book is intended for readers with some existing experience of iOS development using Xcode and the Swift programming language. Beginning with the basics, this book provides an introduction to WatchKit apps and the WatchKit app development architecture before covering topics such as tables, navigation, user input handling, image handling, animation, maps and menus.
More advanced topics are also covered throughout the book, including communication and data sharing between a WatchKit app and the parent iOS app, working with custom fonts and the design and implementation of custom notifications.
As with all the books in the "Development Essentials" series, WatchKit App Development Essentials takes a modular approach to the subject of WatchKit app development for the Apple Watch, with each chapter covering a self-contained topic area consisting of detailed explanations, examples and step-by-step tutorials. This makes the book both an easy to follow learning aid and an excellent reference resource.About the Authors
- Neil Smyth is co-founder and CEO Payload Media, an internet and eBook publishing company based in the U.S. Prior to launching Payload Media, Neil held a number of positions in the IT industry including programming, web development, systems administration and sales and marketing and is the author of a number of technology related books. Click here to see all his "Essentials" technical books.
- iPhone/iPad Development and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging
- The C and Objective C Programming Books
- Mac OS and Programming
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Books by Neil Smyth