Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- The SELinux Notebook - The Foundations ©2009 (Richard Haines)
- Microsoft® Windows Server System Deployment Guide for Midsize Businesses ©2005 (Microsoft)
Post under Windows Server and Applications on Sun Nov 29, 2009
Written with the needs of network administrators for organizations with 50-250 PCs in mind,
- Modeling with Data: Tools and Techniques for Scientific Computing ©2009 (Ben Klemens)
- Physical Modeling in MATLAB ©2009 (Allen B. Downey)
- Introduction to Real Analysis ©2002-2009 (William F. Trench)
Post under Calculus and Mathematical Analysis on Sat Nov 28, 2009
A rigorous understanding of mathematical analysis and challenging math concepts.
- Building Accessable Websites ©2002-2008 (Joe Clark)
Post under Website Style, Design and Accessibility on Sat Nov 28, 2009
Using a strategic approach to the website accessibility issues in a journalistic style.
- Technology in Libraries ©2008 (Roy Tennant)
Post under Digital Preservation, Libraries, Collections, and Archiving on Sat Nov 28, 2009
Essays on the use of information technology in digital libraries.
- O'Reilly® Rails 3 in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference ©2010 (Fauser Cody, et al)
Post under Ruby and Ruby on Rails Programming on Thu Nov 26, 2009
How to create effective database-driven websites with the popular Rails framework.
- The Best of SQLServerCentral.com, Vol.7 ©2009 (Steve Jones)
Post under Miscrosoft SQL Server on Thu Nov 26, 2009
A collection of the best articles of Microsoft SQL Server from the past year.
- Beej's Guide to Network Programming ©2009 (Brian Hall)
- Web Style Guide: Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites, 3rd Ed ©2009 (Patrick Lynch)
Post under Website Style, Design and Accessibility on Sun Nov 22, 2009
Explains established design principles and how they apply in web design projects.
- Understanding Open Source and Free Software Licensing ©2004 (Andrew M. St. Laurent)
Post under Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) on Sun Nov 22, 2009
Written in clear language that you don't have to be a lawyer to understand.
- The Definitive Guide to Pylons ©2008 (James Gardner)
- Enterprise SOA: Service-Oriented Architecture Best Practices ©2004 (Dirk Krafzig, et al)
Post under Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) on Thu Nov 19, 2009
How to successfully using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) in large-scale projects.
- Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference ©2009 (Keir Thomas)
Post under Core Linux on Wed Nov 18, 2009
The indispensable and concise guide to Ubuntu, read by over half a million people!
- Engineering Software for Accessibility ©2009 (Microsoft)
- Programming Scala ©2009 (Dean Wampler, Alex Payne)
Post under Miscellaneous Computer/Programming Languages on Sat Nov 14, 2009
Learn how to be more productive with Scala, a new multi-paradigm language.
- SOA Source Book ©2009 (The Open Group)
Post under Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) on Fri Nov 13, 2009
A collection of source material for use by enterprise architects working with SOA.
- How to Help Your Child Excel in Math: An A-Z Survival Guide ©2001 (Brita Immergut)
Post under Mathematical Education on Fri Nov 13, 2009
What parents need to know to help their children understand the math they're learning
- An Implementor's Guide to Service Oriented Architecture ©2008 (David Besemer, et al)
Post under Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) on Thu Nov 12, 2009
A treatment of the practical issues an implementor would face when implementing a SOA.
- Thinking Networks - the Large and Small of it ©2008 (Kieran Greer)
Post under Computer Networks and Communications on Thu Nov 12, 2009
This book describes different aspects of knowledge-based networks.
- Mathematical Olympiad in China: Problems and Solutions ©2007 (Bin Xiong, Yee Lee Peng)
Post under Elementry Mathematics on Sat Nov 07, 2009
This volume comprises a collection of original problems with solutions.
- Nova's SAT Prep Course ©2005 (Jeff Kolby)
- Introducing Windows Server 2008 R2 ©2010 (Charlie Russel. Craig Zacker)
Post under Microsoft Windows Applications on Thu Nov 05, 2009
Covering every aspect of Windows Server 2008 R2 in nine chapters.
- The Art of Community: Building the New Age of Participation ©2009 (Jono Bacon)
Post under Digital and Information Age on Wed Nov 04, 2009
A collection of experiences and observations in building and managing communities.
- C# Development - The C# Yellow Book ©2008-2009 (Rob Miles)
Post under C# Programming Language on Wed Nov 04, 2009
An introduction to computer programing using C#.
- The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery ©2009 (Microsoft Corporation)
Post under General Science on Tue Nov 03, 2009
Discovery based on data-intensive science and insights into how it can be fully realized.
- Archiving Websites: General Considerations and Strategies ©2005 (Niels Brügger)
Post under Digital Preservation and Archiving on Tue Nov 03, 2009
This book treats the micro archiving of websites, i.e. archiving using a standard computer.