Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- O'Reilly® Programming Pig ©2011 (Alan F Gates)
Post under Computer and Programming Languages and O'Reilly® Books on Tue Mar 29, 2011
This book is an introduction to Pig, a platform for analyzing large data sets that consists of a high-level language for expressing data analysis programs, coupled with infrastructure for evaluating these programs.
- Elementary Algebra ©2011 (John Redden)
Post under Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Linear Algebra on Tue Mar 29, 2011
This book takes the best of the traditional, practice-driven algebra texts and combines it with modern amenities to influence learning, like online/inline video solutions, as well as, other media driven features that only a free online text can deliver.
- The Definitive Guide to Django: Web Development Done Right, 2nd edition
- O'Reilly® Up and Running with Node.js ©2011 (Tom Hughes-Croucher)
- New Fundamental Technologies in Data Mining ©2011 (Kimito Funatsu)
Post under Data Analysis and Data Mining on Mon Mar 21, 2011
The book thoroughly acquaints you with the new generation of data mining tools and techniques and shows you how to use them to make better business decisions.
- O'Reilly® Asterisk Cookbook ©2011 (Leif Madsen, Russell Bryant)
- Security+ Essentials ©2010 (Neil Smyth)
- Managing Linux Systems with Webmin ©2003 (Jamie Cameron)
- Hyper-V 2008 R2 Essentials ©2010 (Neil Smyth)
Post under Virtualization and Cloud Computing on Tue Mar 15, 2011
This is an in depth technical book designed teach IT staff and students about the implementation of virtualized environments using Hyper-V 2008 R2.
- Self-Service Linux - Mastering the Art of Problem Determination ©2005
- Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager ©2004 (Mel Gorman)
Post under Core Lunx and Unix/Linux Programming on Tue Mar 15, 2011
This book is unique in that not only does it describe the Linux Memory Manager itself in unprecedented detail, it also includes the theoretical foundations for it which is of interest to developers but has been omitted from recent Linux kernel related material.
- Introduction to Neural Networks for C#, 2nd Edition ©2008 (Jeff Heaton)
- Linux Patch Management: Keeping Linux Systems Up To Date ©2006
- Computer Networks: Performance and Quality of Service ©2010
Post under Computer Networks and Communications on Fri Mar 04, 2011
Reviews modern computer networks with a focus on performance and quality of service.
- Software Engineering ©2009 (Ivan Marsic)
Post under Software Engineering Principles and Practices on Fri Mar 04, 2011
Reviews important technologies for software development with a focus on Web applications.
- Handling Tough Job Interviews: Be Prepared, Perform Well, Get the Job
Post under Professional Careers and Job Interviews on Fri Mar 04, 2011
It takes you step-by-step though the recruitment process and gives useful advice on interviews with senior management, dealing with psychometric tests; and discussing and agreeing the job offer.