Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Learn Ruby The Hard Way ©2011 (Zed Shaw, Rob Sobers)
- Bioinformatics - Trends and Methodologies ©2011 (Mahmood A. Mahdavi)
Post under Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Healthcare IT on Mon Nov 28, 2011
A collection of different views on most recent topics and basic concepts in bioinformatics.
- Lecture Notes for the Algorithms ©1999-2011 (Jeff Erickson)
Post under Algorithms and Data Structures on Mon Nov 28, 2011
This book uniquely combines rigor and comprehensiveness. It covers a broad range of algorithms in depth, yet makes their design and analysis accessible to all levels of readers.
- The Free Java Book ©2011 (Daniel L. Schuster)
Post under Basic Java Programming on Mon Nov 28, 2011
This book uses the ACM Java Library to provide beginner level access to console and graphics operations and standard Java for everything else.
- Building eCommerce Applications: A Guide for Anyone ©2011
Post under Internet and Web Society on Sat Nov 26, 2011
It covers a wide variety of topics including building mobile shopping carts, QR codes, working with various PayPal APIs, including how to integrate PayPal with other technologies.
- The Common Java Cookbook ©2011 (Tim O'Brien)
Post under Advanced Java Programming on Sat Nov 26, 2011
This book provides expert tips for using Java-based utilities from projects such as Apache Commons, Apache Lucene, and Apache Velocity.
- Learn Python The Hard Way, 2nd Edition ©2011 (Zed Shaw)
Post under Python Programming on Sat Nov 26, 2011
This is a very beginner book for people who want to learn to code.
- The Boost C++ Libraries ©2011 (Boris Schaling)
Post under The C++ Programming Language on Sat Nov 26, 2011
You will learn how to use the libraries for event handling, multithreading, asynchronous I/O, parsing, string handling, and much more.
- Six Steps To Job Search Success ©2011 (Caroline Ceniza-Levine, et al)
Post under Professional Careers and Job Interviews on Sat Nov 26, 2011
This book is a practical discussion of actionable steps (six of them!) that students can take to land a job regardless of the market.
- An IPv6 Deployment Guide ©2008 (Martin Dunmore)
Post under TCP/IP Networking on Sat Nov 26, 2011
IPv6 is replacing IPv4 to dominate the networking world. This book will enable you to fully harness the power of IPv6. A "Must have" reference for IT/Networking professionals!
- The Craft of Text Editing: Emacs for the Modern World, 3rd Edition
Post under Unix/Linux Text Editing on Sat Nov 26, 2011
This book covers all of topics related to text editing and more. By following the design of a character-based text editor, you will learn what goes into the such programs.
- iPhone iOS 5 Development Essentials ©2011 (Neil Smyth)
Post under iPhone/iPad Development and Programming on Tue Nov 08, 2011
The aim of the book is to teach you the skills necessary to build your own applications for the iPhone. Beginning with the basics, this book provides an overview of the iPhone hardware and the architecture of iOS 5. An introduction to programming in Objective-C is provided followed by an in-depth look at the design of iPhone applications and user interfaces.