Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title iPhone 3D Programming: Developing Graphical Applications with OpenGL ES
- Author(s) Philip Rideout
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (May 14, 2010)
- Paperback: 448 pages
- eBook HTML and PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0596804822
- ISBN-13: 978-0596805784
- Share This:
What does it take to build an iPhone app with stunning 3D graphics? This book will show you how to apply OpenGL graphics programming techniques to any device running the iPhone OS -- including the iPad and iPod Touch -- with no iPhone development or 3D graphics experience required. iPhone 3D Programming provides clear step-by-step instructions, as well as lots of practical advice, for using the iPhone SDK and OpenGL.
You'll build several graphics programs -- progressing from simple to more complex examples -- that focus on lighting, textures, blending, augmented reality, optimization for performance and speed, and much more. All you need to get started is a solid understanding of C++ and a great idea for an app.
- Learn fundamental graphics concepts, including transformation matrices, quaternions, and more
- Get set up for iPhone development with the Xcode environment
- Become familiar with versions 1.1 and 2.0 of the OpenGL ES API, and learn to use vertex buffer objects, lighting, texturing, and shaders
- Use the iPhone's touch screen, compass, and accelerometer to build interactivity into graphics applications
- Build iPhone graphics applications such as a 3D wireframe viewer, a simple augmented reality application, a spring system simulation, and more
- Philip Rideout has been a fanatic of real-time graphics programming for over a decade. He has held positions at several pioneering graphics companies, including Intergraph, 3Dlabs, and NVIDIA. Philip currently works at Medical Simulation Corporation in Denver, where he develops new ways to visualize the inside of the human body.
- iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Objective-C Programming
- The C and Objective C Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging
- Mac OS and Programming
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Books by O'Reilly®
- iPhone 3D Programming: Developing Graphical Applications with OpenGL ES
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (2) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (3)
- Google's Preview