Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title A First Course in Linear Algebra
- Author(s) Ken Kuttler
- Publisher: Lyryx (2014)
- Hardcover/Paperback 542 pages
- eBook PDF (424 pages)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: N/A
- ISBN-13: N/A
- Share This:
The book presents an introduction to the fascinating subject of linear algebra. As the title suggests, this text is designed as a first course in linear algebra for students who have a reasonable understanding of basic algebra. Major topics of linear algebra are presented in detail, with proofs of important theorems provided.
This text intends to transform students from passive observers of mathematics to participants in it. The book employs a spiral development of ideas to blend the requirements of problem solving, analytical thinking, computational technique, and applications, and emphasizes the interplay of algebraic and geometric concepts. It includes an extensive number of exercises, ranging from routine to challengingAbout the Authors
- Ken Kuttler, Professor of Mathematics at Bringham Young University. University of Texas at Austin, Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Linear Algebra
- Computational and Algorithmic Mathematics
- Mathematical and Computational Software
- Number Theory
- Calculus and Mathematical Analysis