Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Learning Android
- Author(s) Marko Gargenta
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (February 15, 2011), eBook Draft (2010)
- Paperback: 320 pages
- eBook Online
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449390501
- ISBN-13: 978-1449390501
- Share This:
This book is about Building Applications for the Android Market.
If you're new to the Android mobile operating system, Learning Android is the perfect way to master the fundamentals. Written by an expert who's taught Android to thousands of people in large organizations, this gentle introduction shows you how to use Android's basic building blocks to develop user interfaces, store data, and more.
You'll learn by building an example application throughout the course of book, adding new features with each chapter. Along the way, you'll also build your own toolbox of code patterns that will help you program any type of Android application with ease.
- Get an overview of the Android platform, and how this technology fits into the mobile ecosystem
- Set up your Android development environment and get started with simple programs
- Learn about Activities, Intents, Services, Broadcast Receivers, and Content Providers
- Build basic Android user interfaces, and learn about Views and Layouts
- Create a Service to update data in your example application
- Learn how Android supports databases by creating a SQL database opener
- Test your application and publish it to the Android Market
- Marko Gargenta is the founder and chief Android expert at Marakana, a training company in San Francisco. Marko has developed Android Bootcamp and Android Internals courses, and has trained over 1,000 developers on four continents. His clients include Qualcomm, Sony-Ericsson, Motorola, Sharp, Cisco, U.S. Department of Defense, and many more. Marko frequently speaks on Android at technical conferences and events, and is the founder of San Francisco Android Users Group.
- Android Development and Programming
- Mobile Devices Development and Programming
- Books by O'Reilly®
- Advanced Java
- Learning Android (Marko Gargenta)
- The Mirror Site (1) - Zipped PDF, 7.8 MB
- The Mirror Site (2) - PDF
- The Mirror Site (3)