Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Masterpieces of American Painting in The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Author/Editor(s) Margaretta Salinger, with a foreword by John K. Howat
- Publisher: Metropolitan Museum of Art (October 28, 2012)
- Hardcover/Paperback 200 pages
- eBook PDF and Google Book
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 030019269X
- ISBN-13: 978-0300192698
- Share This:
This group of one hundred American paintings - representing about a tenth of the Metropolitan Museum's holdings of eighteenth, nineteenth, and early twentieth-century paintings in the American field - has been selected to provide an attractive and fair impression both of these holdings and of American painting in general.
Although no book based on a specific collection could claim to offer an accurate review of the history of American painting, because of inevitable gaps in any collection - as exemplified here by the slight representation of folk or naive painting - the overall breadth and strength of the Metropolitan collection are not only remarkable but also serviceable for suitably displaying the history and range of American painting.About the Authors
- Masterpieces of American Painting in The Metropolitan Museum of Art (Margaretta Salinger)
- The Mirror Site (1)