Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Masterpieces of The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Author/Editor(s) Barbara Burn
- Publisher: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 3 edition (July 11, 2004); eBook (2006)
- Hardcover/Paperback 320 pages
- eBook PDF and Google Book
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 0300106157
- ISBN-13: 978-0300106152
- Share This:
Housing one of the finest and most comprehensive collections in the world, The Metropolitan Museum of Art is a living encyclopedia of art. Cultures spanning the globe and dating from the ancient world to the present are represented in this beautifully illustrated book, which features over 250 masterpieces from the Museum's collection.
The objects are arranged in chronological order by culture, beginning with ancient Egypt and ending with the twentieth century in Europe and America. Insightful text opens each section and provides historical and cultural background, while in-depth commentary accompanies each featured work.About the Authors