Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Masterpieces of Painting in The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Author/Editor(s) Edith A. Standen, and Thomas M. Folds, with an introduction by Claus Virch
- Publisher: Metropolitan Museum of Art (October 28, 2012)
- Hardcover/Paperback 120 pages
- eBook PDF and Google Book
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 0300192703
- ISBN-13: 978-0300192704
- Share This:
The book should appeal to a wide range of readers, both as a splendid sample of the Metropolitan's paintings collections and a stirring reminder of great achievements in art across a span of nearly seven centuries.
Here, each one reproduced in full color, are a hundred of the Museum's finest paintings, carefully chosen to offer a broad account of periods and styles. Eighty - five of the works are from European schools—Italian, Flemish, Dutch, German, Spanish, British - ranging in time from an Epiphany by Giotto to Picasso's portrait of Gertrude Stein.About the Authors
- Masterpieces of Painting in The Metropolitan Museum of Art (Edith A. Standen, et al)
- The Mirror Site (1)