Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Modern Perl ©2010 (chromatic)
Post under PERL Programming on Sat Aug 27, 2011
Modern Perl is one way to describe how experienced and effective Perl 5 programmers work. They use language idioms. They take advantage of the CPAN. They're recognizably Perlish, and they show good taste and craftsmanship and a full understanding of Perl.
- Mastering PowerShell ©2009 (Tobias Weltner)
Post under Microsoft Windows Servers and Applications on Sat Aug 27, 2011
This book shows how to build scripts and utilities to automate system tasks or create powerful system management tools to handle the day-to-day tasks that drive a Windows administrator's life.
- Mining of Massive Datasets ©2011 (Anand Rajaraman, Jeffrey D. Ullman)
Post under Data Analysis and Data Mining on Sat Aug 20, 2011
Written by two authorities in database and Web technologies, this book teaches algorithms that have been used in practice to solve key problems in data mining. It also includes exercises, suitable for students from the advanced undergraduate level and beyond.
- O'Reilly® Producing Open Source Software ©2005 (Karl Fogel)
- Operating Systems and Middleware ©2006-2011 (Max Hailperin)
Post under Operating Systems Design and Construction on Sat Aug 13, 2011
This book takes a modern approach to the traditional Operating Systems course. You will obtain an understanding of how contemporary operating systems and middleware work, and why they work that way.
- Large Scale Data Handling in Biology ©2010 (Karol Kozak)
Post under Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Healthcare IT on Sat Aug 13, 2011
A book for scientists and students who are learning computational approaches to biology.
- Computational Linguistics: Models, Resources, Applications ©2004
Post under Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing on Sat Aug 13, 2011
This comprehensive reference work provides an overview of the concepts, methodologies, and applications in computational linguistics and natural language processing (NLP).
- Natural Language Processing for the Working Programmer ©2011
- Numerical Methods with Applications ©2011 (Autar K Kaw, et al)
Post under Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing on Sat Aug 06, 2011
This book entitled Numerical Methods with Applications is written primarily for engineering undergraduates taking a course in Numerical Methods. The textbook offers a unique treatise to numerical methods which is based on a holistic approach and short chapters.
- Beyond Fun: Serious Games and Media ©2010 (Drew Davidson, et al)
Post under Computer and Video Game Development and Programming on Sat Aug 06, 2011
This book focuses on strategies for applying games, simulations and interactive experiences in learning contexts.
- Digraphs: Theory, Algorithms and Applications ©2010 (Jørgen Bang-Jensen)
Post under Graph Theory and Algorithms and Data Structures on Sat Aug 06, 2011
Covering the theoretical aspects of the subject, with detailed proofs of many important results, it presents a number of algorithms, focus on applications which include quantum mechanics, bioinformatics, embedded computing, and the travelling salesman problem., etc.
- SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Exam 310-065 ©2008
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition: Build a Program Now! ©2008
- Bioinformatics in Tropical Disease Research: A Practical and Case-Study Approach ©2008 (Arthur Gruber, et al)
Post under Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Healthcare IT on Sat Aug 06, 2011
This book is intended to serve both as a textbook for short bioinformatics courses and as a base for a self-teaching endeavor.
- The Haskell Road to Logic, Maths and Programming ©2004 (Kees Doets)
Post under Haskell Programming, Functional Programming and Mathematical Logic on Sat Aug 06, 2011
The purpose of this book is to teach logic and mathematical reasoning in practice, and to connect logical reasoning with computer programming. The programming language that will be our tool for this is Haskell, a member of the Lisp family.
- Introduction to Fortran 95 and Numerical Computing: A Jump-Start for Scientists and Engineers ©2001 (Adrian Sandu)