Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Core Servlets and Javaserver Pages: Core Technologies, Vol. 1 (2nd Edition)
- Author(s) Marty Hall, Larry Brown
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 2 edition (September 5, 2003)
- Paperback 736 pages
- eBook Online, PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0130092290
- ISBN-13: 978-0130092298
- Share This:
Marty Hall's Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages was the number 1 servlet/JSP book in 2000 - helping over 100,000 Java developers master the power of Java server-side programming to Web-enable an extraordinary range of applications. Now, Hall takes the next step, bringing together even more powerful servlet/JSP techniques. The second edition of Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages provides a complete introduction to the technology, completely updated for JSP 2.0, servlets 2.4, the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL), and Java 1.4. This book serves both beginning and advanced developers. For beginning servlet and JSP developers, the book provides clear step-by-step coverage of the basic topics.
For programmers already experienced with servlet and JSP technology, the book provides in-depth discussion of advanced topics, complete coverage of newly introduced capabilities, and practical design strategies. J2EE technology is the leading technology for building Web applications and services, and servlet and JSP technology is the heart of the J2EE platform. Servlets and JSP are the most popular way to build Web applications: every Java and Web developer needs to know this. JSP 2.0 will fundamentally change how servlet and JSP technology is used, so even experienced developers need to read this book!About the Authors
- MARTY HALL is president of coreservlets.com, Inc., a small company that provides training courses and consulting services related to server-side Java technology. He also teaches Java and Web programming in the Johns Hopkins University part-time graduate program in Computer Science, where he directs the Distributed Computing and Web Technology concentration areas.
- LARRY BROWN is a Senior Network Engineer and Oracle DBA for the U.S. Navy (NSWCCD), where he specializes in developing and deploying network and Web solutions in an enterprise environment. He is also a Computer Science faculty member at the Johns Hopkins University, where he teachers server-side programming, distributed Web programming, and Java user interface development for the part-time graduate program.
- Java Web Programming (Servlet and JSP)
- Java Web Frameworks, MVC - Srtuts, JSF, Spring MVC, etc
- Java Enterprise Applications
- Web Programming