Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Creating Games in C++: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Author(s) David Conger, Ron Little
- Publisher: New Riders Games; Pap/Cdr edition (February 1, 2007)
- Paperback 464 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735714347
- ISBN-13: 978-0735714342
- Share This:
Do you love video games? Ever wondered if you could create one of your own, with all the bells and whistles? It’s not as complicated as you’d think, and you don’t need to be a math whiz or a programming genius to do it. In fact, everything you need to create your first game, “Invasion of the Slugwroths,” is included in this book and CD-ROM.
Author David Conger starts at square one, introducing the tools of the trade and all the basic concepts for getting started programming with C++, the language that powers most current commercial games. Plus, he’s put a wealth of top-notch (and free) tools on the CD-ROM, including the Dev-C++ compiler, linker, and debugger--and his own LlamaWorks2D game engine. Step-by-step instructions and ample illustrations take you through game program structure, integrating sound and music into games, floating-point math, C++ arrays, and much more. Using the sample programs and the source code to run them, you can follow along as you learn.
Bio: David Conger has been programming professionally for over 23 years. Along with countless custom business applications, he has written several PC and online games. Conger also worked on graphics firmware for military aircraft, and taught computer science at the university level for four years. Conger has written numerous books on C, C++, and other computer-related topics. He lives in western Washington State and has also published a collection of Indian folk tales.About the Authors
David Conger has extensive experience in software and game development for clients such as American Laser Games and Microsoft. He has written numerous computer books (including The Complete Idiot's Guide to C# Programming) and extensive software documentation.
- Creating Games in C++: A Step-by-Step Guide (David Conger, Ron Little)
- The Mirror Site (1) - PDF
- Google Book Preview
- Fundamentals of Programming C++ (Richard L. Halterman)
- O'Reilly® Practical C++ Programming, 2nd Edition (Steve Oualline)
- Object-Oriented Programming in C++, 4th Edition (Robert Lafore)
- Wireless Game Development in C/C++ with BREW (Barbagallo)
- Beginning C++ Through Game Programming, 3rd Edition (M. Dawson)
- The Game in C++ (Olga Druzhinina Romanovna)