Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Introduction to Programming in Java: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- Author(s) Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne
- Publisher: Addison Wesley, 1 edition (July 27, 2007); eBook (Updated Continuously)
- Paperback 736 pages
- eBook HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321498054
- ISBN-13: 978-0321498052
- Share This:
By emphasizing the application of computer programming not only in success stories in the software industry but also in familiar scenarios in physical and biological science, engineering, and applied mathematics, Introduction to Programming in Java takes an interdisciplinary approach to teaching programming with the Java™ programming language.
Elements of Programming: Your First Program; Built-in Types of Data; Conditionals and Loops; Arrays; Input and Output. Functions and Modules: Static Methods; Libraries and Clients; Recursion. Object-Oriented Programming: Data Types; Creating Data Types; Designing Data Types. Algorithms and Data Structures: Performance; Sorting and Searching; Stacks and Queues; Symbol Tables.
This book is for all readers interested in introductory programming courses using the Java programming language.About the Authors
- Robert Sedgewick teaches in the Department of Computer Science at Princeton University. His primary areas of research are analytic combinatorics and the design, analysis, and implementation of algorithms. He is the author of a widely-used series on algorithms published by Addison-Wesley Professional. Sedgewick is on the Board of Directors for Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Kevin Wayne also teaches in the Department of Computer Science at Princeton University. His research focuses on theoretical computer science, especially optimization and the design, analysis, and implementation of computer algorithms. Wayne received his PhD from Cornell University.
- Introduction to Java, Basic Java
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Computer Programming
- Java Programming and Java EE (J2EE)
- Introduction to Programming in Java: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- The Preface and Chapter 1 - PDF (196 pages, 8.9 MB)
- The Preface and Chapter 1 - PDF (191 pages, 6.7 MB)
- Notes and Book Slides