Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title The Art of Agile Development
- Author(s) James Shore, Shane Warden
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 1 edition (October 26, 2007)
- Paperback 440 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0596527675
- ISBN-13: 978-0596527679
- Share This:
Book DescriptionThis book contains practical guidance for anyone considering or applying agile development for building valuable software. Plenty of books describe what agile development is or why it helps software projects succeed, but very few combine information for developers, managers, testers, and customers into a single package that they can apply directly.
This book provides no-nonsense advice on agile planning, development, delivery, and management taken from the authors' many years of experience with Extreme Programming (XP). You get a gestalt view of the agile development process, including comprehensive guidance for non-technical readers and hands-on technical practices for developers and testers.
The Art of Agile Development gives you clear answers to questions such as:
- How can we adopt agile development?
- Do we really need to pair program?
- What metrics should we report?
- What if I can't get my customer to participate?
- How much documentation should we write?
- When do we design and architect?
- As a non-developer, how should I work with my agile team?
- Where is my product roadmap?
- How does QA fit in?
James Shore, signatory number ten to the Agile Manifesto, has been coaching agile teams large and small before they were called agile. He brings both breadth and depth to his discussion of agile development. In 2005, the Agile Alliance recognized James with their most significant award, the Gordon Pask Award for Contributions to Agile Practice. James is an internationally recognized speaker who consults for companies interested in agile development. He writes about agile development on his top-ranked blog, jamesshore.com.
Shane Warden manages Onyx Neon Press, an independent publisher. His areas of expertise include agile software development, language design, and virtual machines for dynamic languages. He is also a published novelist. His books include The Art of Agile Development and Masterminds of Programming.
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming (XP), etc.
- IT Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Books by O'Reilly®
- O'Reilly® The Art of Agile Development (James Shore)
- The Mirror Site (1)
- Google's Preview
- Book Homepage (Video, Resources, etc.)