Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- Title Agile Data: Building Data Analytics Applications
- Author(s) Russell Jurney
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media (March 22, 2013) (est.), eBook (Last updated: June 11, 2012)
- Hardcover/Paperback 250 pages (est.)
- eBook Online, HTML
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1-4493-2626-9
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4493-2626-5
- Share This:
Mining data requires a deep investment in people and time. How can you be sure youíre building the right models? What tools help you connect with the customerís needs? With this hands-on book, youíll learn a flexible toolset and methodology for building effective analytics applications.
- Build an application to mine your own email inbox
- Use several data structures to extract multiple features from a single dataset, and learn how different perspectives can yield insight
- Rapidly boot your applications as simple front-ends to key/value stores
- Add features driven by descriptive and inferential statistics, machine learning, and data visualization
- Gather usage data and talk to real users to help guide your data-driven exploration
- Russell Jurney cut his data teeth in casino gaming, building web apps to analyze the performance of slot machines in the US and Mexico. After dabbling in entrepreneurship, interactive media and journalism, he moved to silicon valley to build analytics applications at scale at Ning and LinkedIn. He lives on the ocean in Pacifica, California with his wife Kate and two fuzzy dogs.
- Data Analysis and Data Mining, Big Data
- Python Programming
- Books by O'Reilly®