Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books and Lecture Notes, etc.
- What's the Worth? The Economic Values of College Majors ©2011
Post under Professional Careers and Job Interviews on Fri May 27, 2011
This book analyzes 171 majors in 15 categories. It tracks earnings by majors and provides key break outs on questions of race/ethnicity and the gender differences in earnings.
- PostgreSQL 9.0 Reference Manual - Volume 2: Programming Guide ©2010
Post under PostgreSQL on Fri May 27, 2011
This book documents the client and server interfaces to PostgreSQL: the C/C++ interface libpq, the embedded SQL/C compiler ECPG and the server-side languages PL/pgSQL, PL/Tcl, PL/Perl and PL/Python.
- The Art of Assembly Language ©2003-2010 (Randall Hyde)
Post under Assembly and Machine Languages on Fri May 27, 2011
This book presents assembly language from the high-level programmer's point of view, so you can start writing meaningful programs within days.
- Oracle Performance Tuning with Solid State Disk ©2009 (Mike Ault, et al)
- Programming from the Ground Up: using Linux Assembly Language ©2004
- Street-Fighting Mathematics: The Art of Opportunistic Problem Solving
Post under Miscellaneous and Uncategorized Mathematics Books on Fri May 20, 2011
An antidote to mathematical rigor mortis, teaching how to guess answers without needing a proof or an exact calculation.
- O'Reilly® Open Government: Collaboration, and Participation in Practice
- iPad iOS 4 App Development Essentials - Xcode 4 Edition ©2011 (Smyth)
- Windows Phone 7 Guide for iPhone Application Developers ©2011
- Microsoft Office 2010: Ultimate Tips and Tricks ©2010 (Matt Smith)
- O'Reilly® Jenkins: The Definitive Guide ©2011 (John Ferguson Smart)
- Mathematics for Finance: An Introduction to Financial Engineering ©2010
Post under Financial Mathematics, Mathematical Economics, and Financial Engineering on Fri May 13, 2011
This book is an excellent introduction to mathematical finance and financial engineering.
- PostgreSQL 9.0 Reference Manual - Volume 1A: The SQL Language ©2010
Post under PostgreSQL and SQL - The Structured Query Language on Fri May 13, 2011
This book describes the SQL language specification as implemented by PostgreSQL, including syntax, data types, functions and operators, indexes and transactions. The new XML datatypes and full-text index support of PostgreSQL 9 are also fully documented.
- Forensic Discovery ©2005 (Dan Farmer, Wietse Venema)
- Open Source Security Tools: A Practical Guide to Security Apps ©2005
- A First Course on Time Series Analysis with SAS ©2011 (Michael Falk, et al)
Post under Statistics, R Language and SAS Programming on Thu May 05, 2011
This book has been developed for a one-semester course usually attended by students in statistics, economics, business, engineering, and quantitative social sciences. A unique feature of this edition is its integration with the statistical software package SAS.
- Qmail Quickstarter: Install, Set Up and Run Your Own Email Server ©2007
Post under Unix and Linux System Administration on Thu May 05, 2011
This book is a quick starter for people who want to set up a mail server using qmail.
- The PEAR Installer Manifesto: How to Revolutionize Your PHP Applications
- Building Online Communities with phpBB 2 ©2005 (Jeremy Rogers, et al)
- The Book of Webmin: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love UNIX
Post under Core Unix and Unix and Linux System Administration on Thu May 05, 2011
This books teaches you How to use Webmin's unique features, including integrating the most popular services (Apache, BIND, Sendmail, and more) as well as the standard system features (network configuration, disk configuration, users and groups, etc.).
- Strange Attractors: Creating Patterns in Chaos ©2000 (Julien C. Sprott)
Post under Geometry and Computer Graphics, 3D, Animation and Imaging on Thu May 05, 2011
The book describes methods for visualizing objects in three, four, and higher dimensions and explains how to produce 3-D stereoscopic images on the computer screen using red/blue glasses3d glasses which are included with the book.
- GPS Made Easy - A Complete No-nonsense Guide ©2011 (Manuel Braschi)
Post under Geographic Information System (GIS), Web Mapping, and GPS on Mon May 02, 2011
This book helps you compare GPS technologies, units, and uses. You’ll find out how to create and use digital maps and learn about waypoints, tracks, coordinate systems, and other key point to using GPS technology.
- Getting Started with Grails, Second Edition ©2010 (S. Davis, J. Rudolph)
Post under Java Web Frameworks, MVC - Srtuts, JSF, Spring MVC, etc on Mon May 02, 2011
This book brings you up to speed on this modern web framework.
- RSS and Atom: Understanding and Implementing Content Feeds ©2005
- Mathematical Illustrations: A Manual of Geometry and PostScript ©2005